Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thai Food

Ok so I have to talk about the food...... Now when I told people I was coming to Thailand all they could say was "Oh My God, the food is amazing....etc" well I have to say I cant figure out why.
I'll admit I'm a picky eater but still, there is no reason backed cashews or peanuts need to be cooked in FISH SAUCE......Even someone who likes fish has to admit the fish sauce is not the best tasting.
So I order vegetarian everything BUT I have had the luxury or learning through experience that vegetarian does not exclude FISH SAUCE, yum.....
Vegetarian Crispy Noodles- fried in fish sauce
Vegetarian Pad Thai- drizzled with fish sauce
Vegetarian Fried Rice- fried in fish sauce.... haha I think you get the point, now imagine the non-vegetarian kind! No Way!!!

(then all the food is listed but each page will have the exact items listed under a different category without explaining what makes is different)


Also I have to touch on the menu's, it seems most menu's have at least 5 pages of choices but each page will be a category-

For example:
Category- Traditional Thai
#57 Rice noodle with chicken and coconut curry

BUT UNDER Category Chinese you have the exact same item and unless you speak Thai and can ask what it is I swear we have no idea what were getting, its extremely confusing haha
....Well its safe to say I eat a lot of fruit and rice.... :)

oh and just for fun at breakfast this morning there were hard boiled eggs..... well of course an egg with a little salt and pepper is too simple so why not add fish sauce and chili.....

No comments:

Post a Comment